Thereof, does fuel have a long U sound?
Long – U -1. However, this long -vowel sound is a little bit unusual because Long -vowels usually have two parts, but Long – U -1 has three parts (in IPA: /yuw/). Some common words with this sound are: use / music / huge / cute / unite / cure / menu / fuel / human / argue.
Also, does Blue have a long U sound? Long “ U ” sound Note: this same sound is also spelled in several other ways, such as “oo” (food), “ew” (news), and “ue” ( blue ).
Also to know, what words have a long U sound?
Long U + Long OO Words Vocabulary Word List
- beauty. blue. brew. bruise. bugle.
- canoe. cashew. coop. coupon. crew. croup. cruise. cube. cuckoo. cue. cute.
- do. droop. dude. due. duet. duke. dune.
- eulogy. Eunice. ewe.
- few. flew. flu. fluid. fluke. flute. frugal. fruit. fume. fuse.
- glue. goo. grew. groove. group.
- hew. hoot. hue. huge. Hugh.
How do you write the long U sound?
Four Ways to Spell the Long U Sound
- Just the Letter U. Some words spell the long /u/ sound with just the letter u. These words are usually more than one syllable long with the long /u/ sound in the first syllable.
- A – E Words. Many words spell the long /u/ sound with a u in the middle of the word and an e at the end of the word. Here are some examples: